It’s hard to believe, but we’re just a little over a month away from our wedding day! Where has the time gone? It’s been a bit since I last posted an update, or even posted here on the blog for the matter, so I thought I’d fill you in. We’re just about finished with everything – honestly, everything – and that makes us both very happy!
What’s been done since my last update:
- I picked my shoes for the ceremony. I’ve had an idea of the shoes I might wear all along, but just before my alterations appointment, I completely changed my mind. While this change was not good for my type-A personality, I think it was for the best! I decided to go with these jeweled satin mini wedges in white from David’s Bridal.
- I also picked out and ordered my ceremony jewelry. I’ll be wearing these earrings and this bracelet. I love how classic and beautiful each piece is, and you just can’t beat those prices!
- We got Phil’s suit. He’s going to look so handsome! *Wedding tip: consider buying your man his suit rather then renting it. It can sometimes make more sense doing it this way. We went this route for Phil. It didn’t cost much more than renting, and now, he has a nice suit he’ll be able to wear when he needs it.*
- Phil’s ring has been fitted, cleaned, and polished. He’s wearing his late grandfather’s ring.
- We have registered for gifts.
- Invites for both the ceremony and reception have been sent to our guests.
- We’ve finalized our reception menu with our caterers.
- Our Bachelor and Bachelorette Weekends are complete.
- I ordered my dress and shoes for our reception and am over the moon about them both! I bought this dress and these shoes. I was a little hesitant at first about buying such a fancy dress, but decided that I still want to feel like the bride at our reception (even if it is a couple of weeks after the actual wedding), but don’t want to wear my wedding gown again. I think this one will provide that balance for me!
- My wedding gown is being altered as we speak. I’ll go for my final fitting on October 13th.
- I’ve scheduled my hair trial and final coloring appointment.
What needs to be done:
- I need to figure out what I’m going to wear after our wedding ceremony. We’ll be going out for beers with our family, so I’m honestly not sure if I should keep the feel dressy or just go completely laid back. I’m still thinking on this one, but need to decide soon.
- I need to pick my hair style, makeup style, and nail color for the ceremony.
- We need to purchase gifts for our parents and shower hosts.
- We need to meet with the minister doing our ceremony and decide on the flow.
- Lastly, we need to start getting together décor for the reception party. The venue where we’re hosting it is already so beautiful, so we won’t need much, but I need to get some small things together like chalk boards, photos, flowers, etc., to put throughout the space.
We’ve accomplished so much since my last update. At this point in the game, I’m thinking less and less about our to-do list and more about the fact that I’m about to marry someone – that I’m about to be someone’s wife. It’s a little nerve-racking if I’m honest! Don’t get me wrong, I’m extremely excited to marry Phil, but this is the biggest and most public commitment either of us have ever made in our lives and that’s a lot to wrap my mind around.
This process has certainly strengthened our ability to stand our ground. Between all the opinions and requests from our family and friends, we’ve really had to stop and think, “is what they’re asking of us what we want for our day?” While it’s not been easy, we’ve had to tell many people no. And trust me, saying no to a parent or close friend is not fun and usually comes with some unnecessary push-back. But I’m so glad that Phil and I haven’t lost sight of what we want this day to be. We’ve made a great team throughout this process and I’m extremely grateful for that!
See all my wedding update posts here.