I’ve been on a serious podcast kick lately. Like, serious. I find myself listening to them most often while I’m driving. It’s been a nice change of pace from my typical music/news combo. I thought I’d share some of my favorites and want to hear from you! What podcasts are your loving right now?
01. Happier with Gretchen Rubin: “The #1 bestselling author of The Happiness Project and Better Than Before gets more personal than ever as she brings practical, manageable advice about happiness and good habits to this lively, thought-provoking podcast.”
I call this podcast my “get started on the right foot” podcast. I love listening to it first thing in the morning on my drive to work. Gretchen and her sister Liz offer simple tips and action-focused goals that help make life a bit easier which, in turn, make life happier.
02. Lady Lovin’: “Lady Lovin’ is your source for female empowerment. Jilly Hendrix, Greta Titelman, and Lo Bosworth tackle a variety of topics from relationships and sex, to health and wellness, to business and start ups.”
I was first drawn to this podcast because of former Laguna Beach and The Hills star Lo Bosworth (yes, I was one of those girls). And after listening to a few episodes, I was hooked. The girls interview someone new every week, including entrepreneurs, comedians, and activists who inspire women to stay true to who they are and teach listeners how to love the skin they’re in.
03. The Minimalists Podcast: “Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus discuss living a meaningful life with less.”
My go-to when I’m craving simple. These guys have really inspired me to start eliminating things and people that don’t add value to my life. I would describe this podcast as a breath of fresh air.
04. Up and Vanished: “Up and vanished is an investigative podcast that explores the unsolved disappearance of Georgia beauty queen and high school teacher, Tara Grinstead. The 11-year-old cold case is the largest case file in the history of Georgia.”
I love crime podcasts, documentaries, and movies and was in search of something similar to season one of serial. I would say the feel of this one is pretty darn close! Host Payne Lindsey examines old case evidence and re-interviews persons of interest. It’s fascinating and kept me on my toes the entire time!
05. Sworn: “From the producers of Up and Vanished, Sworn pulls back the curtain of the criminal justice system, exposing the untold stories and hard truths behind major cases. Host Philip Holloway, a defense attorney and former prosecutor with a background in law enforcement, not only digs into the legal aspects of these cases but the emotional consequences of their outcomes.”
I loved listening to Philip Holloway’s insight on Up and Vanished, so I was really excited to see he was coming out with his own podcast. It’s the same basic concept of a crime podcast, but digs a little deeper into the legal side of things.