My girlfriends and I are heading to the beach on Thursday for my bachelorette weekend! I’m so excited for some much needed R&R and to spend time with my best friends. As I’ve been prepping and packing for this trip, I thought I’d share with you my must-haves for a day at the beach!
1. Face wipes. I don’t know about you, but the sand and salt water from the beach tends to make my face feel really sticky, which makes it tough to reapply sunscreen throughout the day. That’s why I’ve made a habit of taking some sort of facial cleansing wipe with me. They work better than just using my towel and help sunscreen slide on much easier. I recently discovered these Yes to Coconut Face and Hand Cleansing Wipes. The coconut smell is perfect for the beach, and they leave my skin feeling clean and smooth!
2. Sunnies. This is a no-brainer! You can’t go to the beach without your sunnies. I picked up this pair from Target about a month ago and they’ve been treating me well.
3. Leave-in hair conditioner. While I love how much volume the salt water gives my hair, it can also dry it out and leave it feeling brittle. That’s why I always have some type of leave-in conditioner or detangler with me. This will be my first time trying Sun Bum’s 3 in 1 Leave-In Conditioner and I’m really excited about it! I’ve read tons of positive reviews and it smells ah-mazing! I’ll be sure to let you know what I think.
4. Beach bag. What’s a beach bag without a trendy bag? I was ecstatic when I saw this baby at Target this past weekend! How stinkin’ cute, am I right?!?! It’s spacious and adorable, and I can’t wait to rock it!
5. Wet Brush. Since discovering the Wet Brush a few years ago, it’s become my one and only brush for wet and dry hair. It works perfectly at the beach because it glides right through salty, tangled hair without pulling or snagging.
6. Beach towel. I’m a fan of extra large beach towels. Better Homes and Gardens at Walmart has a great selection this summer, which is where I picked up mine.
7. Swimsuit cover up. I wear a swimsuit cover up while walking to and from the beach, but I also love how quick and easy they are to throw on when grabbing lunch or a cocktail at one of the nearby ocean-side venues, or going for a walk on the boardwalk. It’s much more comfortable for me than just wearing my bikini. I bought this one from Target specifically for this trip!
8. Knick-knack bag. I try to remember to bring along a smaller bag to hold all my random goodies/knick-knacks: chapstick, hair ties, money, driver’s licenses, cell phone, head phones, etc. It’s so much easier to have all this in one place rather than scattered about my main beach bag. I picked up this set and will use the largest one for the beach and the other two for packing. The outside is vinyl, so it will be easy to wipe off if it gets wet.
9. Sunscreen. I’m fair-skinned so going without sunscreen is not an option! My favorite all over body sunscreen is Neutrogena’s Ultra Sheer Body Mist. I like the convenience of a spray bottle – I tend to miss spots and get some funky looking tan lines when I use a cream-based sunscreen. I also like to give my face a little more TLC and use a sunscreen specific for the face. Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Faces Lotion is a winner! I have sensitive skin, so I try to take the extra step in protecting my skin against sun damage. Lastly, and most often forgotten about, is lip protection. Believe it or not, your lips can get sunburn and boy is it painful! That’s why I love to lather my lips up with Sun Bum’s Lip Balm.
10. A good book. Nothing says relaxation more to me than reading a book. I’ve been reading and studying so much for work that when I actually get a chance to read something for fun, it feels like such a treat. I started Big Little Lies a while back, but because of work, I haven’t been able to really get into it. I look forward to diving in this weekend!