Hi, everyone! Happy Friday before Christmas! How’s your week been? Mine has been insanely busy! Phil and I are hosting my mom and brother for Christmas this evening since we are travelling to Charlotte to spend Christmas with his family this year. Between getting the house in order, preparing to make a big Christmas dinner, and packing, Phil and I are both excitedly running around like two chickens with our heads cut off. On a side note, here’s what’s on the menu at our house tonight: ham roast, pork tenderloin, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, roasted brussel sprouts, mac and cheese, dinner rolls, and apple pie for dessert. We’ll also have a cheese plate to munch on. And, of course, there will be wine. What are your holiday plans? Travelling? Staying put? If you’re staying put, I envy you a great deal.
This will be my last post of 2016. I’ll be “out of the office” until January 9th. Thank you for reading and sharing life with me this past year. I have some fun things in store for 2017, so I hope you’ll stick around to find out what they are.
Have a good, dears, and here’s a few links from around the web:
01. Why some people catch the cold and others don’t. This article was especially interesting this week because everyone in my office is sick. Like, seriously, everyone. Wash your hands, people!
03. My President Was Black. A long read, but worth it.
04. I’m so fascinated by this rooming house/apartment building for career-minded women in New York. I think this would be so fun!
06. I discovered 31 Bits last weekend and fell in love with their mission: using fashion and design to empower people to rise above poverty. I bought this bracelet in cream for Phil’s sister for Christmas.
07. OK, We Never Wash Our Bras. This article made me LOL. How often do you? Honestly?
Also, in case you missed it on the blog this week…
Thanks for stopping by and see you in 2017!