It’s Birchbox time again! This month’s box was a winner. I liked 4 out of the 5 products inside and I’ve always said that as long as I like at least 3 out of the 5 samples, it’s an overall good box. Birchbox also included a cute travel-size mirror as a gift this month, which was a nice unexpected treat. Here’s what I got:
01. Marcelle CC Cream SPF 35 Complete Correction – Golden Glow. This CC cream is perfect for light makeup days. I thought it blended nicely, provided light, glowing coverage, and had a really beautiful, but not overwhelming, sparkle to it that brightened my complexion. I applied the product with a blending sponge for nice, even coverage.
02. amika Bombshell Blowout Spray. I often use this volumizing spray and absolutely love it, so I was happy to receive a travel size in this month’s box. I use it when I want to achieve a big, beautiful blow out. This spray also works as a heat protectant and smells ah-mazing.
03. Ardency Inn Modster Smooth Ridge Supercharged Eyeliner in black. I think this company should spend less time coming up with an extremely long product name and more time on creating an eyeliner that stays on for more than an hour. Too harsh? Maybe so, but I hated this eyeliner. It’s one of the worst I’ve ever tried. Application was smooth, but it smudged easily and got in the crease of my eye as the day progressed. It’s a no, no for me.
04. Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume. For only having one note, this fragrance gives me all the feels. I’ve worn it to work a couple times since getting it, and have gotten so many compliments. I’m seriously considering replacing the perfume I’ve used and loved for years, it’s that good.
05. The Organic Pharmacy Double Rose Rejuvenating Face Cream. Besides the price, this is an overall great face cream! I’m obsessed with the smell which is made up of rose hips, ginger, gotu kola, and marigold. While I loved this product, I doubt I’ll buy the full size simply because I really don’t need this rich of a face cream and I’m definitely not spending $88 on something I don’t need. But I would highly recommend if you have overly dry skin that needs some extra love this winter.
06. This was the surprise gift Birchbox gave their subscribers this month. It’s a small travel-size mirror. How cute is the design?!
And there you have it. My favorite product was definitely the perfume, or as they call it, not a perfume. Either way, I absolutely love the smell! This month when you sign up for a Birchbox subscription, you’ll get an extra box for free when you use code TWOFORONE at checkout.