Hello, sweet friends! How was your Thanksgiving? I hope wonderful. Mine was great, but I must admit, I’m struggling this week after having four days off. On a fun and positive note, however, my house is fully decorated for Christmas and I’m absolutely loving it! I had just about everything up before Thanksgiving day and have added a few touches here and there, but am so happy and excited that I am completely finished decorating! There’s something about Christmas décor that really lifts my spirits. This Friday’s ‘Friday Favorites’ post will be all about some of the cute decorative pieces I found in case you are still in the process of getting your home ready for the holiday!
In other fun news, my November Birchbox arrived and I’m excited to share the breakdown with you all. This certainly wasn’t one of the better boxes I’ve received, but there were two particular products I’m so glad I discovered! I used the products before snapping a picture of them all (sorry), but isn’t this month’s box pretty?
01. Benefit Roller Lash Super-Curling & Lifting Mascara. Y’all already know I love this stuff. I’ve finally come to the conclusion that it’s my favorite mascara because I keep coming back to it, even after trying new ones.
02. Coastal Scents Blush & Bronzer Palette. This is one of the two products I loved in this month’s box. My sample came with a blush and highlighter powder. While the blush was nothing special, I was very impressed by the highlighter. It really brightened my face and gave me a nice, subtle glow. If this was sold individually, it’s something I would consider buying.
03. Oribe Gold Envy Luminous Face Mask. This was the second product I really enjoyed in my box and was definitely my favorite overall. It smells amazing and left my skin feeling so, so soft. This mask doesn’t harden as it sits like other masks, which I liked, and it’s actually gold when you put it on. Phil said I looked like some kind of movie character, but I thought it was really cool and I could tell it brightened my complexion! While it’s very expensive, I can see why. The entire experience with this mask felt very luxurious.
04. Rene Furterer Lumicia Shampoo. I hated this shampoo. It was terrible. I was completely fooled by the smell. I had to apply almost the entire sample in one shower to feel like it was actually doing anything, and it left my hair extremely dry.
05. Rene Furterer Lumicia Conditioner. The conditioner was not much better. Similar to the shampoo, I really had to apply a lot of the product in order to feel like it was working at all and it still left my hair feeling dry.
Birchbox always has some type of offer when you subscribe, so if you’ve thought about trying it out, now is the time! There are two offers this month: 1) Receive a free gift when you subscribe using code TWOFORONE at checkout, or 2) get a free full size Smith and Cult liquid eyeliner when you subscribe using code PRECISELY at checkout. I personally think the second offer sounds the best!