Y’all. Can I be real with you for a moment? Without getting too deep into politics (because, hey, it’s Friday!), this election has me down something fierce. In all my voting history, this is the first time I’ve been this upset over an outcome (there were actual tears). I’m sad, angry, scared, discouraged, etc. While I’m trying to keep an open mind and give Donald Trump a fair chance to be my President, I’m having a hard time accepting this. Right now, I feel nothing but negative about the whole thing. But. Tomorrow I will try to do better because I know wishing our newly elected officials ill will does nothing for anyone. There is too much at stake for us not to try and come together. It just might take me a hot minute and I think that’s okay. So I say all that to say this: if you’re struggling and upset about the results of the election, I get it. But as Barak Obama said in his speech on Wednesday, it’s important we don’t become cynical. So I’m going to try harder.
Anyway, what are you guys up to this weekend? I’m doing the Beachbody 3 Day Refresh and I’m terrified. I’ve attempted this cleanse once before and only made it halfway through day two before I thought I might die. I’m going to try and stay busy this weekend to take my mind off being hungry. I’m hoping that will get me through the entire thing this go ’round. A post of my experience will follow. I’m so happy for this three day weekend! It will be much needed. Please enjoy yours and try to smile!
Here’s a few top finds from around the web this week:
01. Have you guys heard of the site DrawNames.com? This is how Philip’s family does gifting between he and his six siblings and their significant others (he’s one of seven!). You create the group using the participant’s email addresses, the computer matches who gets who, and each person can make a wish list to make buying much easier. I was blown away by this nifty little site! I especially like the wish list because I’m horrible at deciding what to buy for family and friends. I’m usually a gift card giver (lame, I know), so this will be helpful!
02. Desperately wanting to start watching the new Netflix series, The Crown.
03. Highlights from Hillary Clinton’s concession speech and the full video further down in the article. This is the speech that brought many tears to my eyes.
04. An apple cider bellini recipe.
05. I’m already in the Christmas spirit and ready to put up the tree. Love this slideshow with 40 Christmas tree decorating ideas!
06. Pretty things.
07. Lovely otomi screen-printed tea towels.
08. Swooning over this beautiful blanket. Wish it was not so expensive!
There wasn’t much in the way of blog posts from me this week. I was busy and had election day blues. But have no fear, I’ve already got some fun posts lined up for next week, so stay tuned!
Have a relaxing weekend!