I ended my subscription to Birchbox back in May. Not because I disliked the service, but because I was trying to cut items from my budget that weren’t a necessities. Since then, I’ve really missed having a nice little treat each month. Toward the end of October, I made the decision to re-subscribe. I justify my decision with this: it’s only $10. With that said, my return to Birchbox was better than ever! I think this might be the best box I’ve gotten since becoming a customer.
In the month of November, all new Birchbox subscribers, or “renewers” like me, will receive a free Benefit Mascara sample by using the code FREEFAVE at checkout.
Inside the box:
01. This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray. A couple of months ago, I was gifted an essential oil diffuser. Since then, I’ve been diffusing lavender at night while I sleep. The scent helps me relax and sleep better. This pillow spray was such a nice touch to add into the mix. It’s packed with 100% essential oils including lavender, patchouli, and chamomile. It smells light, clean, and fresh. I felt like I was spending the night at the spa. I am so happy to have discovered this product!
02. Moroccanoil Body Souffle Fragrance originale. This body cream smells like heaven. If you’ve used Morocconoil hair products, you know what I’m talking about! The texture of the actual lotion is on the lighter side, but not so light that it doesn’t feel like it’s actually moisturizing.
03. Avene Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Cream RICH. I think I’ve found a new favorite moisturizer, you guys. I typically alternate between Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrate and Beautycounter’s day and night cream, but after just a few uses of this stuff, I’m in love. My face feels incredibly hydrated with this moisturizer. It also has a very light, clean smell to it that I love.
04. Air Repair Super-Hydrating Eye Cream. This eye cream was very creamy and moisturizing. It’s easy to apply and felt good on my face. I currently use Beautycounter’s Nourishing Eye Cream, but think this particular eye cream works just as well, and is much more affordable.
05. MAKE Silk Cream Lipstick. I received the shade Taffy. It worked really well with my fair skin tone. This lipstick felt creamy and moisturizing on my lips. The description said it was long lasting, and while the pigment stayed on for a while after the actual lipstick faded, I would by no means classify this as a long-lasting lipstick. However, the particular shade I got (Taffy) is great for quick, work mornings and light makeup days.
*Bonus* W3LL PEOPLE Expressionist Mascara. I also got this mascara in my box as a bonus item from renewing my subscription. I’ve used this mascara before and really like it. I’m particularly fond of the application wand and that it’s all natural.