Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. On Saturday I went to my brother’s football game and Sunday my friend Courtney had her baby shower. I wish I would’ve had just a few extra hours to do absolutely nothing. The weekends always go by so quickly, especially when it’s packed full of festivities.
I’m a bit late getting to my monthly beauty favorites post this month. Better late than never, right? Here’s a couple products, new and old, I found myself using a lot in the month of September.
01. I wore my hair curly a lot in September. One product I love using when wearing curly hair is Redken’s Curvaceous Full Swirl. This product really helps define my curls. I typically use it just before drying my hair, but also when my hair is dry for touching up throughout the day. Bonus: this stuff smells ah-mazing!
02. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula is a classic. I’ve used the lotion many times before, but discovered the solid version just recently. The texture of the solid reminds me a lot of coconut oil. I may be crazy, but I feel like the solid provides even more moisture than the lotion. It’s pretty thick which is going to be great for this winter.
03. Back in my June and July beauty favorites post, I wrote about how much I was loving Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara. And while I still like the mascara very much, I pulled out Benefit’s Roller Lash this past month and was reminded why I liked this stuff so much. I really like the brush that comes with the Roller Lash. Tarte’s is a bit too big for my taste. I also think Roller Lash is more versatile than the Tarte. Tarte gives me big, full, beautiful lashes that aren’t always necessary for an everyday look. That’s mostly why I could see myself using the Roller Lash on a more regular basis. Roller Lash is buildable which means I can keep it light for that everyday day look, or I can add a few extra coats when I’m wanting to go glam.
04. I’ve used a couple of Not Your Mother’s hair products before, including the Clean Freak dry shampoo. I’m not someone who’s loyal to one brand of dry shampoo, so when I went to pick up a bottle, I noticed this sitting on the shelf and decide to try it again. I think it works as well as some of the higher-end brands I’ve used before. I also like that they have an unscented version.
05. I absolutely love BareMinerals’ Moxie Buttercream Lip Gloss. It seriously feels like butter on my lips. I like to wear this more in the fall because it’s a bit heavier than a normal gloss. My favorite shade is Sassy Sorbet.