Why in the world the good Lord above didn’t make pizza a vegetable, I will never know. I’m on a journey to better overall health, and pizza is something I miss the most. I was craving it hard a few weeks ago. Rather than giving into those cravings, I did a little digging on Pinterest and at my local grocery store, and came up with my own spin on a yummy and healthy Margarita pizza.
What you need:
- 1 piece of naan bread
- 1/4 cup fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 5 basil leaves, sliced and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1.5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Servings: 1 full pizza, about 4 slices
1. Mix together the minced garlic and olive oil.
2. Brush the flat bread with half of the garlic/oil mixture and bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees or until crispy.
3. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the naan with the mozzarella. Top with the tomatoes and place back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Once the 5 minutes is up, turn your oven to broil and let the naan cook on this setting for 2-3 minutes more. If you see the bread is starting to burn, remove immediately.
5. While the naan finishes up in the oven, mix the remaining garlic and oil mixture with the balsamic vinegar.
6. Slice and chop the basil leaves
7. Once the edges of the naan are crisp and golden, remove from the oven and drizzle with the balsamic and olive oil mixture (as much or as little as you would like).
8. Cut and enjoy!
Do you have any healthy pizza substitute recipes you love?