Happy Monday! How are you guys today? Have a good weekend? My mom and I went to Charlotte for the weekend. We go every few months to get our hair done at a salon I fell in love with while I lived there, and to have a fun little girl’s weekend together. Sometimes we stay with one of my best friends, but this time we got a hotel room in Uptown Charlotte. We had so much fun!
Last week, my May Birchbox came in the mail! It’s always a great mail day when my monthly Birchbox arrives. I’ve been a Birchbox customer since about 2014. It’s introduced me to a lot of the beauty and skincare products I use and love today. This month’s box was pretty good. I didn’t love everything in it, but overall I would give it 3 out of 5 stars.
Inside the box:
1. Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray – I wasn’t crazy about this product. It’s a hairspray that can be used on wet and dry hair. It says it offers a medium hold, but I thought it was even lighter than that. I prefer a really firm hold in a hairspray so this isn’t something I would buy; however, I could see it being really great when you’re at the beach and you want to enhance those natural beach waves.
2. ModelCo Lip Lacquer in the shade Viva – I loved this lip gloss. It felt really good on my lips. It provided great moisture, coverage, and color.
3. Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel for Body – This is an exfoliating peel for your body. I haven’t tried it yet, but I got Real Chemistry’s face peel in another box and really liked it. I’ve heard this is great to use before getting a spray tan, so I’m going to wait until I need another one before trying it out.
4. Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50 – This mist is a great alternative to using a cream sunscreen under your makeup. It sprays right over your makeup and the smell is amazing!
5. W3LL PEOPLE Bio Correct Multi-Action Concealer – I was really disappointed in this product, especially because I love W3LL PEOPLE’s mascara so much. I know for certain I didn’t have the right shade. They sent me the Light and I would definitely need the Fair. But I’m not so sure that would really make much of a difference because I didn’t like the way it wore or felt. It was greasy feeling and I didn’t think it lasted very long.